Aloha from DCA!
The Division of Consumer Advocacy (DCA) protects and advances the interests of Hawaii’s consumers of regulated public utilities and transportation services.For more information about the Division and the work we do please read through an overview of services that we provide to the public.
- March 19, 2014: DCA’s Dean Nishina will be speaking at WiRE’s session, “Curtailment – Why are we spilling renewables and how is it getting better through collaboration?”
- March 26-28, 2014: The Consumer Advocate will be participating in the Maui Energy Conference, “Electric Utilities: The Future Is Not What It Used To Be”.
WHAT’S NEW, HOT TOPICS & IMPORTANT DOCKETS
Hawaiian Electric Co. will be installing “smart meters” in six neighborhoods on Oahu as part of a test of its smart-grid progam. The smart meters will replace existing meters at no charge. To read more about this test program, the neighborhoods involved, and the installation schedule, see Hawaiian Electric’s Smart Grid and Smart Meter Page.
Mark your calendars! Dean Nishina of the Division of Consumer Advocacy will be speaking at WiRE’s March 19 session on “Curtailment – Why are we spilling renewables and how is it getting better through collaboration?”
Click the link to read the DCCA’s March 2014 Ho’omalu article, Shedding a Light on Saving Energy.
Hawaiian Electric states that, “[a]s of February 26, 2014, single-phase projects 10 kW or smaller on circuits with less than or equal to 120 percent of daytime minimum load (DML) (up from 100 percent) will NOT require an IRS. (Daytime minimum load refers to electricity demand from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)”. Click here to read more.
For prior notices and events, please visit our Archived Notices and Events page.
- Decisions & Orders now accessible via the Hawaii PUC’s Online Document Management System (DMS)
- Decisions & Orders from 2010
- Decisions & Orders from 2009
- Decisions & Orders from 2008
- Decisions & Orders from 2007
- Decisions & Orders from 2006
- Decisions & Orders from 2005
- Decisions & Orders from 2004
- Decisions & Orders from 2003
- Decisions & Orders from 2002
HI Clean Energy Initiative
Learn more about the Hawaii Clean Energy Initiative (HCEI).
Image credit: http://energy.hawaii.gov/testbeds-initiatives/hcei
For more videos featuring the Consumer Advocate, Click Here.