Aloha and welcome to the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs’ (DCCA) website. We hope you will take a moment to learn about the various services we offer for individuals and businesses in the State of Hawaii.
Our mission at the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs is to protect Hawaii’s consumers and service its business community with respect and fairness to the interests of both.
The hardworking men and women of the DCCA serve the public through a variety of functions, including regulating and licensing more than 140,000 professionals, monitoring the financial solvency of local banks and insurance companies, and investigating complaints of fraudulent and unfair business practices.
The DCCA is made up of nine divisions:
- Business Registration Division (BREG)
- Cable Television Division (CATV)
- Division of Consumer Advocacy (DCA)
- Division of Financial Institutions (DFI)
- Insurance Division (INS)
- Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH)
- Office of Consumer Protection (OCP)
- Professional and Vocational Licensing Division (PVL)
- Regulated Industries Complaints Office (RICO)
We invite you to take advantage of our online services like new business registration, business and insurance license searches, free consumer informational brochures, and more. We are constantly updating and adding to our website, and ask that you check back regularly for the latest information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office or visit us in-person.
Mahalo nui loa,
Catherine P. Awakuni Colón
Director, Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
335 Merchant Street; Honolulu, HI 96813