Hearings Office (OAH)
The Office of Administrative Hearings is responsible for conducting administrative hearings and issuing recommended or final decisions for all divisions within the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs that are required to provide contested case hearings pursuant to the provisions of Hawai’i Revised Statutes (HRS) Chapters 91 and 92. Additional matters heard by the Office of Administrative Hearings include:
- Medical inquiries under the provisions of HRS Section 671-11 et seq. (the Medical Inquiry and Conciliation Panel) beginning January 1, 2013;
- Tort claims against design professionals under the provisions of HRS Chapter 672B (the Design Claim Conciliation Panel);
- Disputes arising from the State’s procurement laws pursuant to HRS Chapter 103D;
- Contested case hearings involving the Employees’ Retirement System of the State of Hawai’i; and
- Disputes among manufacturers, distributors, or dealers of motor vehicles covered by Part II of HRS Chapter 437.
FOR FASTER RESPONSE:
If your inquiry involves the registration of a business entity or a business name, please send your questions to [email protected].
If your inquiry involves the application for, or renewal/status of, a professional license application, please send your question to [email protected].
If your inquiry is intended for the Insurance Division or Insurance Commissioner, you may send your questions to [email protected].