Does your office handle real estate appraisers, landlord-tenant issues, permitting, or subdivision?
The Hawaii Real Estate Branch solely handles condominiums and real estate licensees such as brokers, sales agents, and real estate education providers.
Real estate appraisers is a separate office within the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs. Please see their website here.
Assistance with landlord-tenant issues can be found at the Landlord-Tenant Information Center. They are open from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm Monday through Friday except for holidays at (808) 586-2634.
Permitting and subdividing are county jurisdictions:
- Kauai Building Division
- Kauai Planning Department – Subdivision
- City and County of Honolulu – Department of Planning and Permitting
- Maui Department of Planning
- Maui Public Works – Subdivision Section
- County of Hawaii Department of Public Works
The process of subdivision is handled at the county level through their respective permitting and/or subdivision offices, but certain subdivisions do need to register with the DCCA’s subdivision program in order to sell property.