Real Estate Licensing and Education
- General Licensing Information
How to obtain and/or restore a real estate license, request for preliminary decision, change form, and other resource information.
- Commission Approved Prelicense Schools -Contact Information
- Commission Approved Continuing Education Providers- Contact Information
- Examination Candidates and License Applicants
Prelicense schools and course schedule, examination prerequisites, information on PSI Services, LLC (Hawaii’s testing agency effective July 1, 2009), and the following applications: equivalencies to prelicense education and uniform section; broker experience certificate; request for preliminary decision; broker – corp., partnership, LLC, LLP and sole proprietor; and branch office registration.
- Prelicense Curriculum and Continuing Education Requirements
Prelicense course curriculum (salespersons and brokers) and continuing education requirements.
- Real Estate Bulletin
Quarterly publication for real estate licensees.
- School Files
Quarterly publication focusing on real estate educational issues.
- Laws and Rules Review Committee Agendas and Minutes
The Laws and Rules Review Committee deals with all issues relating to Chapter 467, Hawaii Revised Statutes, and Chapter 99, Hawaii Administrative Rules, relating to real estate licensing, as well as administration of the Real Estate Recovery Fund.
- Education Review Committee Agendas and Minutes
The Education Review Committee deals with all issues relating to the education, research, and testing for real estate applicants and licensees, as well as administration of the Real Estate Education Fund.
- Real Estate Recovery Fund (PDF)
Informational memorandum including general procedures for filing a claim from the Real Estate Recovery Fund.
- Licensee Search/ Complaints History/ Business Registration
- Other Information of Interest
Ex parte communication with commissioners, license name, advertising clarification, difficulties with releasing broker, difficulties in obtaining experience statement from broker, appointing a temporary principal broker, licensing statistics, sources of information, new fees, SWAT (Slice Waste and Tape) summary, understanding agency disclosure, working with a real estate broker, introduction to general excise tax, and articles from the Department of Taxation.
- Links to Other Agencies and Organizations
Various federal, state, and county resources, in addition to real estate trade organizations, regulatory agencies, and research centers.
- Condominium Registration and Education
Information relating to condominium projects, condominium associations, and condominium managing agents.
Real estate licensing, real estate education, and condominium related forms.