These resources allow commerce and consumers to look up information about businesses, licensees and individuals regulated by DCCA. Also included are services to register businesses, renew licenses, purchase certificates of good standing and bulk data.

Educational Materials

Need to know if your contractor or other professional is licensed? Need information on a business’s or individual’s prior complaints? Do you want to know who the officers are for a corporation? Do you need to file a complaint? Do you think your car is a lemon? Need assistance with a landlord-tenant issue?

On Oahu call the Consumer Resource Center at 587-4272 or 587-3295 between 7:45 am and 4:30 pm Mon-Fri excluding holidays. Neighbor island residents see RICO’s contact information or call the following numbers followed by 7-4272 and the # sign:

Kauai 274-3141
Maui 984-2400
Hawaii 974-4000
Lanai & Molokai 1-800-468-4644 (toll free)

Information for registered businesses, licensed professionals and their complaints can also be found online. Information can also be found at this web site on DCCA’s Lemon law and Landlord-Tenant law.

A number of DCCA divisions offer complaint forms online, which are accessible through the division’s home page.

For complaints against:

Certain Licensed Professionals — Regulated Industries Complaints Office (RICO) complaint forms

Cable Provider — Cable Television (CATV) complaint forms

Financial Institutions — Financial Institutions complaint forms

Utility — Consumer Advocacy complaint form

Insurance Entity — Insurance complaint forms

Securities Entity — Securities complaint forms

General Commerce — Consumer Protection complaint forms