Resources for Condominium Developers, Condominium Managing Agents, & Condominium Hotel Operators
- Resources for Condominium Developers, Condominium Managing Agents, & Condominium Hotel Operators
Developing a condominium project can be a complex undertaking with sizable amounts of documents and disclosures required. General information on the condominium process, compensation to the Commission’s consultants, forms, developer memorandums, owner occupancy requirements, and non-binding informal interpretations for developers are all available for your convenience. The process for condominium hotel operators to become registered is also detailed with the provided forms. Developers of HRS, Chapter 514A, projects, please be aware of the January 1, 2019 repeal of HRS, Chapter 514A.
- So You Want to Go Condo? (October 2016) (PDF)
Overview of what Condominium Property Regimes are and the registration process for Developer’s Public Reports
- Developer’s Public Reports/Association Biennial Registration
Online search for condominium projects’ Developer’s Public Reports and current association biennial registration information
- CHAPTER 514A REPEAL
Information for the 1/1/2019 effective repeal of HRS, Chapter 514A.
- Developer Memorandum & Informal Non-Binding Interpretations
Commission interpretations and developer memorandums on development, advertising, owner occupancy, bonding, and other issues.
- Condominium Informational Email Subscription List
Informational emails on a variety of topics including development changes and reminders
- Links to Other Agencies & Organizations
Permitting, planning, real property tax
- 514B, HRS, Project Registration Forms
(form fillable – revised 01/16/15) – Includes the Document Checklist, Receipt of Developer’s Public Report, Nonbinding Preregistration Agreement, Notice of Right to Cancel Sales Contract, Notice of Right to Rescind, Notice of Material Change, Project Questionnaire, Leasehold Exhibit
- 514B, HRS, Amendment to Developer’s Public Report Form
(form fillable – revised 08/31/16)
- 514A, HRS, Project Registration Forms
(form fillable – revised 08/08/16) – Includes General Information, Public Report, Contingent Public Report and Condominium Association Information Update form)
- Request for an Extension of the Effective Date of a chapter 514A, HRS, Developer’s Public Report
Real Estate Commission Memorandum dated November 5, 2004 (including a sample of the developer’s affidavit required for a two-apartment project requesting a “non-expiring” effective date for the developer’s final public report).
- Other Condominium Forms
- Chapter 514A, Hawaii Revised Statutes – Condominium Law
- 514A, HRS, Recodification/514B, HRS
Recodification plan, Act 164 – Relating to Condominiums, recodification final report, progress reports, drafts, stakeholder comments, and additional resources.
- 514A, HRS, Recodification/514B, HRS
- Chapter 514B, Hawaii Revised Statutes – Condominium Law
- Hawaii Administrative Rules – Chapter 107 – Rules Relating to Horizontal Property Regimes
- Owner Occupant – No Action Request Forms
(form fillable – Includes Serious Illness, Unforeseeable Job or Military Transfer, Unforeseeable Change in Martial or Parental Status, and Other Unforeseeable Occurrence.) (PDF)
- Owner Occupant – Non-Binding Informal Interpretations
- Sales to Owner – Occupants and First Publication of the Announcement or Advertisement (Memo) (PDF)
- Condominium Managing Agent
Application for non-real estate brokers to manage operations of an Association of Unit Owners.
Condominium hotel operators who hold an active real estate brokers license are exempt from the registration and fidelity bond requirements.
- Condominium Hotel Operator – Currently Registered (PDF)
- Condominium Hotel Operator – Instructions and Application
- Condominium Hotel Operator – Informal Non-Binding Interpretations