The Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs has 12 offices and divisions. DCCA has a team of education specialists who go out into the field to provide consumer information about a number of issues.
- Where Do I File a Complaint?
- Where Do I Check to See if Someone is Licensed or Disciplined?
- How Do I File a ‘Lemon Law’ Auto Complaint?
- Where Can I Get Help With Landlord-Tenant Issues?
- How Do I Get My Business Started?
- Click for RICO brochures
- Click for Securities brochures
- Click for Consumer Protection brochures
- Click for Insurance brochures
Hawaii is home to 47,000 active duty service members and 5,500 National Guard personnel—many of whom face unique challenges due to permanent change of stations. To assist in consumer education for the military and their families, a Military Consumer Fraud Guide is now available for the public courtesy of DCCA.
Hawaii’s kupuna (senior citizens) can be among the most targeted for fraud and scams. Find out how to equip and protect them.
- LifeSmarts (middle/high school competition)
- Cash Canyon (theatrical play)
- Click for more programs and information
Hawaii’s 24-hour automated information service. Your source of information on commonly asked consumer questions.
A guide to evaluating if a school is right for you and avoiding diploma mills.