The Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs is committed to helping Hawaii’s residents of all ages. Hawaii’s kupuna (senior citizens) can be among the most targeted for fraud and scams. We have gathered materials here for kupuna and their family or caregivers to help prepare and protect them from these scammers.
DCCA is made up of 12 offices and divisions. Here are some of the materials available from those offices and divisions.
Securities Enforcement/Investor Education:
Download more materials on the Investor Education Program page.
- To schedule a FREE guest speaker or for us to exhibit at your next event, call 587-7400. Here is a list of presentation topics (click here).
- To File a complaint form reporting investment fraud, call 586-2740 or toll free 1-877-447-2267.
- To check registration, complaint history and background of any individual trying to sell you an investment, call 586-2722.
Office of Consumer Protection:
Regulated Industries Complaints Office:
- Door-to-Door Sales
- Hearing Aid Dealers and Fitters
- Car Trouble
- Security Alarm Companies
- Home Repairs and Yard Maintenance