Resources for Consumers

Real Estate License and Business Registration Search

Professional & Vocational Licensing Search

Look up information about individuals or businesses licensed by PVL

Business Name Search

DCCA recommends that you look at: 1) when the business was established, 2) the names of the people involved in the business, and 3) any previous names of the business. The names gathered from this search can be used in the Complaint History search above.

Search Complaint History

Licensee complaint history search (RICO)

This link allows you to search Regulated Industries complaints Office (RICO) complaints information. This site provides information about complaints involving professions licensed by the Professional and Vocational Licensing Division as well as unlicensed activity investigations related to those professions. For complaints against Cable Franchises, Financial Institutions, Securities Dealers, Insurance Entities, and Utilities please check with the appropriate DCCA agency. Also search business complaints history search.

Filing a Complaint Against a Real Estate Licensee

The Regulated Industries Complaints Office investigates  allegations of professional misconduct by licensees and possible unlicensed activity that may be occurring in the State.

Simply complete a RICO complaint form. Complaint forms are available below. You can also call or write and a complaint form will be mailed to you. There is no fee to file a complaint.  There is also no time limit, however, it is best to file your complaint as soon as possible. Complaints that involve situations distant in time are more challenging to investigate.

Working with a Real Estate Broker

Useful Information for anyone planning to buy or sell real property

Search for Disciplinary Actions - Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH)

The Office of Administrative Hearings is responsible for conducting administrative hearings and issuing recommended or final decisions for all divisions within the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs that are required to provide contested case hearings pursuant to the provisions of Hawai`i Revised Statutes Chapters 91 and 92.

Information on the Real Estate Recovery Fund

Thinking about suing your agent?
READ THIS FIRST - Informational memorandum including general procedures for filing a claim from the Real Estate Recovery Fund.

Condominium Association and Condominium Hotel Operator Registration Information
Landlord Tenant Information

The Landlord-Tenant Information website provides are many resources for Landlord-Tenant information. You can the Residential Landlord-Tenant Information Center, read on-line brochures, or call “Consumer Dial.”

Residential Landlord-Tenant Information Center 586-2634 (from Oahu)
From the neighbor islands (toll free):
974-4000, ext. 62634 (from the Big Island)
274-3141, ext. 62634 (from Kauai)
984-2400, ext. 62634 (from Maui)
1-800-468-4644, ext. 62634 (from Molokai & Lanai)
Residential Landlord-Tenant Information Center are 8:00 a.m. – 12 noon Monday through Friday, except State holidays.