Resources for Consumers
Professional & Vocational Licensing Search
Look up information about individuals or businesses licensed by PVL
DCCA recommends that you look at: 1) when the business was established, 2) the names of the people involved in the business, and 3) any previous names of the business. The names gathered from this search can be used in the Complaint History search above.
Licensee complaint history search (RICO)
This link allows you to search Regulated Industries complaints Office (RICO) complaints information. This site provides information about complaints involving professions licensed by the Professional and Vocational Licensing Division as well as unlicensed activity investigations related to those professions. For complaints against Cable Franchises, Financial Institutions, Securities Dealers, Insurance Entities, and Utilities please check with the appropriate DCCA agency. Also search business complaints history search.
The Regulated Industries Complaints Office investigates allegations of professional misconduct by licensees and possible unlicensed activity that may be occurring in the State.
Simply complete a RICO complaint form. Complaint forms are available below. You can also call or write and a complaint form will be mailed to you. There is no fee to file a complaint. There is also no time limit, however, it is best to file your complaint as soon as possible. Complaints that involve situations distant in time are more challenging to investigate.
Useful Information for anyone planning to buy or sell real property
The Office of Administrative Hearings is responsible for conducting administrative hearings and issuing recommended or final decisions for all divisions within the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs that are required to provide contested case hearings pursuant to the provisions of Hawai`i Revised Statutes Chapters 91 and 92.
Thinking about suing your agent?
READ THIS FIRST - Informational memorandum including general procedures for filing a claim from the Real Estate Recovery Fund.
- How do I file a real estate complaint against a real estate licensee?
- How can I find a reputable broker in another state to represent me?
- What is the average price of real estate in Hawaii?
- How can I find a real estate broker to sell my property? Can you recommend someone?
- How do I file a claim against the Real Estate Recovery Fund?
- Association of Unit Owners (AOUO) Contact List (PDF)
- Developer’s Public Reports/Association Biennial Registration
Online search for condominium projects’ Developer’s Public Reports and current association biennial registration information
- Condominium Hotel Operator – Currently Registered (PDF)
The Landlord-Tenant Information website provides are many resources for Landlord-Tenant information. You can the Residential Landlord-Tenant Information Center, read on-line brochures, or call “Consumer Dial.”
Residential Landlord-Tenant Information Center 586-2634 (from Oahu)
From the neighbor islands (toll free):
974-4000, ext. 62634 (from the Big Island)
274-3141, ext. 62634 (from Kauai)
984-2400, ext. 62634 (from Maui)
1-800-468-4644, ext. 62634 (from Molokai & Lanai)
Residential Landlord-Tenant Information Center are 8:00 a.m. – 12 noon Monday through Friday, except State holidays.
- Home Buying Resources
- American Bar Association
- Ginnie Mae
- Housing and Urban Development - Hawaii
- Housing and Urban Development - HUD Channel (You Tube)
- Office of Information Practices
- Consumer Protection
- Consumer Contact Telephone Numbers
- Consumer Agencies - Out of State
- Federal Resources
Consumer links to federal agencies.
- Hawaii Links and Contacts
Links to Hawaii state government and business related internet sites.
- Private and International Consumer Internet Resources
- Real Estate Trade Organizations
- Real Estate Regulatory Agencies
These links to real estate related sites are for your convenience. The Hawaii Real Estate Commission is not responsible for the content of the sites.