What if I am a licensed broker in a state other than Hawaii?

We are not reciprocal with any other State, however, the submission and approval of the Application for the Broker’s Experience Certificate , application for prelicensing education equivalency , and the application for equivalency of the Uniform  Section will allow brokers in other states to sit for the Hawaii portion of the broker’s examination.  The individual must have a current and unencumbered broker’s license in another state.  The broker’s license also needs to be active to qualify for the prelicensing education equivalency.

Please review the real estate broker Flowchart for general steps on becoming a licensed Hawaii real estate broker on active status.