Due to COVID-19 and for the health and safety of consumers and staff, the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs Cable Television Division Office will be closed to the public through Thursday, April 30th or until further notice. If you would like to contact the office, please do so by e-mail or phone. Click here for contact information.
COVID-19 Consumer Alerts
- Federal Communications Commission: Keep Americans Connected
- Attorney General Urges Vigilance to Keep Children Safe on the Internet
- Office of Consumer Protection COVID-19 Consumer Alerts & Information
- Hawaiian Telcom: New Temporary Hours of Operation for Downtown & Kapolei Locations Beginning April 1, 2020
- Spectrum: Molokai office temporarily closed until early May, 2020. Contact Spectrum at this link or at 1-855-222-5355 for additional information
The Cable Television Division regulates franchised wireline cable operators within the State of Hawaii. CATV determines whether the initial issuance, renewal, or transfer of a cable franchise is in the public’s best interest and enforces obligations of cable franchises. The division also ensure cable operators’ compliance with rules and regulations relating to their practices and procedures such as customer service and technical standards. In addition, CATV works with providers, agencies, and other stakeholders to support and facilitate access to affordable broadband/Internet services across Hawaii.