Due to COVID-19 and for the health and safety of both consumers and staff, walk-in services at the Cable Television Division of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (CATV) are unavailable to the public until Wednesday, July 1st. During this period, CATV staff continue to telework and remain available to meet the needs of the public over the phone and online. Click here for contact information.
COVID-19 Consumer Alerts
- Federal Communications Commission: Keep Americans Connected
- Spectrum Extends COVID-19 Offerings to June 30, 2020
- Office of Consumer Protection COVID-19 Consumer Alerts & Information
- Hawaiian Telcom: New Temporary Hours of Operation for Downtown & Kapolei Locations Beginning April 1, 2020
- Spectrum: Molokai office temporarily closed until at least June 30, 2020. Contact Spectrum at this link or at 1-855-222-5355 for additional information
The Cable Television Division regulates franchised wireline cable operators within the State of Hawaii. CATV determines whether the initial issuance, renewal, or transfer of a cable franchise is in the public’s best interest and enforces obligations of cable franchises. The division also ensure cable operators’ compliance with rules and regulations relating to their practices and procedures such as customer service and technical standards. In addition, CATV works with providers, agencies, and other stakeholders to support and facilitate access to affordable broadband/Internet services across Hawaii.