Traffic advisory: Manoa utility work continues & ‘Ewa to Wahiawa transformer deliveryPosted on Apr 1, 2021 in Hot Topics
Hawaiian Electric crews will be continuing to replace utility equipment in Manoa on Friday, April 9, and Tuesday, April 13, to Friday, April 16. Crews may return later in the month for additional equipment testing, as needed.
- Friday, April 9—Both directions of Manoa Road after Waakaua Street will be closed.
Vehicles will not be able to access Lyon Arboretum and the Manoa Falls hiking trail.
- Tuesday, April 13— Crews will be working on Waipuna Rise between Woodlawn Drive
and Alani Drive.
- Wednesday, April 14— The southbound lane of Woodlawn Drive near Seaview Rise will be closed. Crews also will be working on Seaview Rise between Woodlawn Drive and Paty Drive.
- Thursday, April 15 — The northbound lane of Manoa Road after Waakaua Street and the northbound lane of East Manoa Road at Pakanu Street and Akaka Place will be closed.
- Friday, April 16 — A portion of the far-right northbound lane of Manoa Road before
Olopua Street (fronting Manoa Elemenary School) and between Po’elua Street and
Peneku Place will be closed.
Contractors for Hawaiian Electric will deliver an 80-ton transformer from ‘Ewa Beach to the company’s Wahiawa Substation on Monday, April 5, which will cause brief traffic delays along the route. The transport vehicle will leave the ‘Ewa Nui Substation at 8:30 a.m. and is expected to reach its destination about 2.5 hours later at 11 a.m. Motorists should plan ahead for traffic delays and seek alternate routes when possible.