October (various), DBEDT Public Workshops on Utility OwnershipPosted on Sep 29, 2017 in Important Events
The Hawaii legislature has directed the Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism (DBEDT) to undertake a study on the future of utility ownership models in Hawaii. As a part of this study, London Economics International and Meister Consultants Group invite you to share your thoughts and input on the future of electricity utility ownership and the role a utility plays in achieving state energy goals, including achieving 100% renewable energy and minimizing rate increases.
Public workshops will be held the week of October 9th on each island to speak with residents willing to share their thoughts on future electric utility ownership and the role the utility plays in achieving community and state goals. RSVPs are requested. Please see dates and locations below.
- Wailuku, October 9th, 5:30-7:00. Wailuku Community Center, 395 Waena St. Event Flyer | RSVP Link
- Kaunakakai, October 10th, 5:30-7:00. Mitchell Pauole Center Main Hall, 90 Ainoa St. Event Flyer | RSVP Link
- Lanai City, October 11th, 5:30-7:00. Lanai Community Center, Eighth St and Lanai Ave. Event Flyer | RSVP Link
- Kailua-Kona, October 9th, 5:30-7:00. NELHA Research Campus, Hale Iako Building, 73-870 Makako Bay Drive. Event Flyer | RSVP Link
- Hilo, October 10th, 5:30-7:00. Waiakea High School, 155 W Kawili St. Event Flyer | RSVP Link
- Lihue, October 12th, 5:30-7:00. Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School, 4431 Nuhou St. Event Flyer | RSVP Link