RELEASE: State Announces Improvements to Online Filing SystemPosted on Jul 20, 2018 in BREG, News Releases
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS
DAVID Y. IGE
CATHERINE P. AWAKUNI COLÓN
TY Y. NOHARA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 20, 2018
State Announces Improvements to Online Filing System
HONOLULU – The state Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs’ (DCCA) Business Registration Division (BREG) has launched an improved version of its annual business report filing system and has added to the list of forms that can be filed online.
The annual business report filing system, http://hbe.ehawaii.gov/annuals/welcome.html, recently went through a complete redesign with the goal of improved user experience in mind.
- Shopping cart functionality now allows users to review and revise multiple annual business reports and determine the requested processing speed of BREG’s review for each report in a single payment transaction;
- Users can now search for their business by name or by file number and view the results within the annual reports application, increasing efficiency and reducing the risk of errors in transcribing the name or number from outside the annual reports page. The company’s record and helpful information will be displayed;
- Company information can be edited year by year, if needed, and the data is validated;
- Delinquent annual business reports can now be submitted online. All overdue reports must be submitted prior to or with the current annual business report. Users can choose to pre-fill their delinquent report with previously entered information, or manually enter new information into their report(s);
- Extensive validation checks have been added to help ensure that information is properly inputted into fields, allowing for quicker review by BREG;
- Users receive an emailed receipt and PDF copy of each report submitted online; and
- An FAQ section has been added to provide users with immediate answers.
QuickFile, a feature of Hawaii Business Express (HBE) that allows users to select, complete and submit specific forms online, has also received an update. There are now 40 forms available online and the nonprofit Articles of Incorporation form has been enhanced to allow for additional Articles to be filed.
“We want to make it easy for businesses to file changes and maintain their good standing,” said Securities Commissioner and Business Registration Division Chief Ty Nohara. “We hope that the changes we’ve made will encourage more businesses to file online.”
For filing-related questions, please visit www.businessregistrations.com, email [email protected], or call (808) 586-2727. For technical questions, please contact eHawaii.gov via email at [email protected] or by phone at (808) 695-4620.
Online filing of annual reports are generated in partnership with the Hawaii Information Consortium, LLC, the official Internet portal manager of eHawaii.gov.
Hawaii’s official Internet portal, https://portal.ehawaii.gov/, is managed by Hawaii Information Consortium, LLC, a Hawaii corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of eGovernment firm, NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV). Hawaii Information Consortium partners with state agencies to bring more state business online and improve public access to government information.
# # #