Contractor License Board
Due to COVID-19 and for the health and safety of consumers, the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs offices will be closed to the public through Thursday, April 30th or until further notice.
During this period of office closure, no walk-in services will be available and the public is strongly encouraged to use our online services. For a full listing of online services go to http://cca.hawaii.gov/covid19.
Contractor License Types
- Responsible Managing Employee
- Sole Proprietor
APPLICANT AND LICENSEE INFORMATION
Applicants and Licensees...
- Check the Status of Your Application
- Maintain and Update Insurance Coverage
- Maintain Bond Requirements
- Maintain Entity-RME Requirements
- Apply for Additional Classification
- Apply for Other Changes, (Status, Conversion, RME)
- Inactivate or Reactivate Your License
- Request an Address or Name Change or Duplicate License (pocket ID/wall certificate)
- Request a License Verification
- Manage Your License Online With Your MyPVL LICENSEE DASHBOARD
RENEWAL AND RESTORATION INFORMATION
- All licenses regardless of issuance date, are subject to renewal by September 30, every even-numbered year.
|On-time renewals for the licensing period of October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2022|
|Renew Online: https://pvl.ehawaii.gov/mypvl|
|Renewals Accepted: August 10, 2020 to September 30, 2020|
|Renewal Hardcopy Form Mailout: August 7, 2020|
|Renew By License Expiration Date: September 30, 2020|
Licenses not renewed by license expiration date are unlicensed and may not practice.
|On-Time Cost to Renew|
|Contractor (CT) Entity – active status – $353.00|
|Contractor (CT) Sole Proprietor – active status – $353.00|
|Contractor (CT) RME – active status – $208.00|
|Contractor (CT) ALL – inactive status – $160.00|
|Forfeited licenses may be restored within 60 days and subject to meeting restoration requirements.|
|Failure to restore a forfeited license within 60 days after the license expiration date will result in the termination of the license and the person must apply as a new applicant and meet current licensing requirements.
|Cost to Restore (late renewal)|
|Contractor (CT) Entity – active status – $403.00|
|Contractor (CT) Sole Proprietor – active status – $403.00|
|Contractor (CT) RME – active status – $258.00|
|Contractor (CT) ALL – inactive status – $210.00|