Maintain and Update Insurance Requirements
ALL ACTIVE CONTRACTORS
ENTITY-CORPORATION, PARTNERSHIP, JOINT VENTURE, LLP OR LLC AND SOLE PROPRIETORS MUST…
Maintain continuous insurance coverage throughout licensure and keep on file in the board’s office evidence of such coverage.
Failure to maintain continuous liability and workers’ compensation coverage’s causes automatic forfeiture of license, and if continuous coverage is not reinstated within sixty (60) days, shall require the entity, the entity’s RME and sole proprietors to apply as a new applicant.
SUBMIT UPDATES TO: LIABILITY AND WORKERS COMPENSATION INSURANCE CERTIFICATES ONLINE FOR FASTER PROCESSING
It is recommended that your insurance agent use the Online Insurance Certificate Information Submittal System at:pvl.ehawaii.gov/inikua/public/welcome.html
Emailed certificates are not accepted for processing
LICENSEES MAY BE ABLE TO FILE FOR AN EXCLUSION FROM CHAPTER 386, HRS FORM (Workers’ Compensation Insurance)
- File: Exclusion From Chapter 386, HRS Form
- Submit Form and Required Documentation
- Corporations WHEN the RME owns at least 50% of the corporation and there are NO OTHER EMPLOYEES
- Partnership with NO EMPLOYEES (does not apply to LLPs)
- Single member, member managed LLC’s with NO EMPLOYEES
- Sole proprietors with NO EMPLOYEES
- Out-of state contractor with NO EMPLOYEES in Hawaii