NEWS RELEASE: State Hosts Financial Literacy On the Go! — Investor Education for AllPosted on Apr 1, 2022 in News Releases
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS
DAVID Y. IGE
CATHERINE P. AWAKUNI COLÓN
TY Y. NOHARA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 1, 2022
State Hosts Financial Literacy On the Go! — Investor Education for All
HONOLULU — The state Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA), Office of the Securities Commissioner (OSC) is hosting a month-long financial education campaign in April called, “Financial Literacy on the GO!”. To celebrate Financial Literacy month, the OSC will feature on demand financial and investor education-related activities and resources for consumers “on the GO!”.
In 2006, state lawmakers passed legislation designating every April as Financial Literacy Month in Hawaii. This year, information and activities will be offered virtually on demand, online and on social media. Consumers are encouraged to follow @HISecurities on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for the word of the day postings, fraud prevention tips, financial literacy facts, consumer education information, and more.
“We encourage everyone to participate in Financial Literacy Month,” said Securities Commissioner Ty Nohara. “We have a lot of great information, presentations and activities that can be found on our website for all ages.”
2022 Financial Literacy On the Go! — On Demand Content
Get Akamai with LifeSmarts Activities for Keiki
- Financial Fun Packets for keiki (grades 6th – 12th)
- On Demand: YouTube quizzes for keiki
- Request a free packet for your keiki by emailing [email protected] or [email protected]
Financial and Investor Education for Working Adults
- Take the FINRA’s Investor Knowledge Quiz: Test your knowledge today!
- On Demand: Pre-recorded investor education presentations on YouTube
- Request a free packet by emailing [email protected] or [email protected].
Financial Fraud Prevention for Kupuna
- Kupuna Activities Packet: learn fun ways on how to protect yourself from fraud
- On Demand: Pre-recorded Senior Presentation on a flash drive or on YouTube
- Request a free packet by emailing [email protected] or [email protected]
For more information on Financial Literacy On the Go! visit: https://cca.hawaii.gov/sec/financial-literacy-on-the-go/ or contact Gloryana Akapo at [email protected].
# # #
Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (808) 586-7582