Board Of Pharmacy
Due to COVID-19 and for the health and safety of consumers, the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs offices will be closed to the public through Sunday, May 31st or until further notice.
During this period of office closure, no walk-in services will be available and the public is strongly encouraged to use our online services. For a full listing of online services go to http://cca.hawaii.gov/covid19.
- APPLICANTS & LICENSEES
- RENEWAL & RESTORATION
- CONTINUING EDUCATION
- CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
- RELATED WEBSITES
Pharmacy License Types
- Pharmacy – Miscellaneous Permit
- Wholesale Prescription Drug Distributor
Applicants and Licensees...
RENEWAL AND RESTORATION INFORMATION
- All Licenses regardless of issuance date, are subject to renewal by December 31 of every odd-numbered year.
|On-time renewals for the licensing period of January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021|
|Renew Online: https://pvl.ehawaii.gov/mypvl|
|Renewals accepted: November 4, 2019 to December 31, 2019|
|Renewal Postcard Reminder Mailout: November 1, 2019|
|Renew By License Expiration Date: December 31, 2019|
Licenses not renewed by license expiration date are unlicensed and may not practice.
|On-Time Cost to Renew|
|Pharmacist (PH) – active status – $190.00|
|Pharmacist (PH) – inactive status – $12.00|
|Pharmacy (PHY) – active status – $342.00|
|Pharmacy (PHY) – inactive status – $12.00|
|Pharmacy Misc. Permit (PMP) – active status – $342.00|
|Pharmacy Misc. Permit (PMP) – inactive status – $12.00|
|Wholesale Prescription Drug Distributor (PWD) – active status, $342.00|
|Wholesale Prescription Drug Distributor (PWD) – inactive status, $12.00|
|Forfeited licenses may be restored within 3 years and subject to meeting restoration requirements.|
|Failure to restore a forfeited license within 3 years after the license expiration date will result in the termination of the license and the person must apply as a new applicant and meet current licensing requirements.
|Cost to Restore (late renewal)|
|Pharmacist (PH) – active status – $240.00|
|Pharmacist (PH) – inactive status – $62.00|
|Pharmacy (PHY) – active status – $392.00|
|Pharmacy (PHY) – inactive status – $62.00|
|Pharmacy Misc. Permit (PMP) – active status – $392.00|
|Pharmacy Misc. Permit (PMP) – inactive status – $62.00|
|Wholesale Prescription Drug Distributor (PWD) – active status, $392.00|
|Wholesale Prescription Drug Distributor (PWD) – inactive status, $62.00|
|List of Pharmacists Randomly Selected for the Continuing Education Requirement for the 2019 Renewal Audit|
|PH License Audit List (status as of 5-18-2020)|
|Due to the COVID-19 situation, the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs offices statewide will be closed from Friday, March 20th to Sunday, May 31st.
Although we will have intermittent access to emails, we will have limited access to process, receive or to review applications during this time.
Please visit our web site for updates on the situation at http://cca.hawaii.gov/COVID19.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Guidance Statement – Pharmacist’s Corresponding Responsibility When Dispensing Controlled Substances (posted 12/28/2016)
- Information from the CDC – Pharmacists: On the Front Lines (posted 11/17/2016)
- Board of Pharmacy Information from the National Transportation Safety Board (“NTSB”) Regarding Concerns with Pilots’ Increase Use of Over-the-Counter, Prescription and Illicit Drugs
- A Pharmacist’s Guide to Prescription Fraud (pamphlet, posted 1/27/2017)
- Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 (CMEA) Preventing the Retail Diversion of Pseudoephedrine (pamphlet, posted 1/27/2017)
- Drug Addiction Health Care Professionals (pamphlet, posted 1/27/2017)
- OIG Hotline Report Fraud (pamphlet, posted 1/27/2017)
Accrediting Bodies and Organizations
- American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- Hawaii State Department of Health, Office of Health Care Assurance – Durable Medical Equipment Suppliers