Registration Forms, Fees and Information

You can easily register online and instantly submit a filing and receive a receipt. Or you can file using a paper form. Forms are in a fillable PDF format. Print, sign, and mail in with check or walk-in with check or credit card.

Registering Your Business In Hawaii

In Hawaii, corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability partnerships are registered with the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, Business Registration Division (BREG).

BREG’s business registration, amendment, correction, and reservation forms are available for download. To register a business using a paper form, select a business entity type then click the desired form to view, fill, and print.

These forms can be filled out on your computer and are for downloading and printing for filing by mail, email, fax, or over-the-counter. You can also file online, which is a paperless, hassle free option with instant submittals and receipts. Here is the list of forms available for online filing through our portal, Hawaii Business Express (HBE).


Please check Complete Fee Schedule for a list of our filing fees.

Requires Adobe Acrobat. With this free plug-in, you can view and print a copy of any of our Downloadable Forms. Adobe Acrobat Reader.



Re: Act 88 (SLH 2013) $1 State Archives Preservation Fee.

In 2013, a state law (Act 88, SLH 2013) was enacted that established a fund for the preservation and long-term access of government records. The Act provides that in addition to any other fee authorized by law, a $1 state archives preservation fee is assessed for certain permanent documents. The state agency that receives the document collects the $1 fee on behalf of the State Archives.

Fund revenues will be used to support long-term access to government electronic records through the State Archives.

What does this mean for you? If you are filing certain documents with the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs Business Registration Division (BREG), you may be assessed the $1 State Archive preservation fee. Because the fee is limited in application to permanent records, if your document is subsequently rejected by BREG, you may be entitled to a refund of the $1 fee. You can obtain your refund by contacting the State Archives Division of the Department of Accounting and General Services.