Foreign Nonprofit Corporations

To register a Foreign Nonprofit Corporation in Hawaii, you must file an Application for Certificate of Authority for Foreign Corporation (Form FC-1), along with the appropriate filing fee(s) with the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA), Business Registration Division. Registrations can be filed online, or by email, mail, or fax.

Filing fees are NOT REFUNDABLE. The fee for filing an Application for Certificate of Authority for Foreign Corporation (Form FC-1) is $25.00, with an additional fee of $25.00 for expedited service. The fee for a certified copy of a filing is $10.00 plus $0.25 per page. There is an additional State Archives fee of $1.00.

Date of registration will be the date that the Application for Certificate of Authority for Foreign Corporation is filed in compliance with the Hawaii Nonprofit Corporations Act (Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 414D).

Instructions for paper filings
Be sure all information has been entered correctly, and that the information is complete and LEGIBLE before submitting a filing to the DCCA. Paper filings of the Application must be typewritten or printed and signed in BLACK INK and are accepted at our service window, and via email, mail and fax. Legible scanned, photocopied, or faxed documents will be accepted.  Document pages must be standard letter-sized (8.5 x 11 inches) and if signatures are not plainly legible, the name must be typed below each signature.

Attach an original certificate of good standing duly authenticated by the proper officer of the state or country of origination and dated not more than sixty (60) days prior to the filing of this application. If the certificate of good standing is in a foreign language, a translation attested to under oath by the translator must accompany the certificate.

Make checks payable to the DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS, for the exact amount. A $25.00 fee will be assessed on dishonored checks.

Mail completed form and payment together to P.O. Box 40, Honolulu, HI 96810 or deliver to 335 Merchant Street, Room 201, Honolulu, HI 96813.

Credit card information must accompany email and fax filings. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club, or JCB. Use the Business Registration Division Credit Card Transaction Form, OR be sure to include the following information in order for payment to be processed: credit card number, credit card type, name of cardholder, card expiration date, CVV code, amount of charge, indicate expedited or regular review, a contact telephone number and an email address.

To email document filings, please send to [email protected]. To fax, send to (808) 586-2733.

For more information and/or assistance, please see our FAQs page or contact us at (808) 586-2727 or [email protected].

We also have Business Action Centers that offer in-person assistance with government filings and more.