Licensing Area: Nursing Home Administrator
Due to COVID-19 and for the health and safety of both consumers and staff, walk-in services at the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs offices may change at anytime. Please check the Professional and Vocational Licensing (PVL) main page at https://cca.hawaii.gov/pvl/ for the most current updated information.
Please observe proper safety protocols (e.g., face covering and physical distancing) when visiting.
Staff continue to telework and remain available during normal hours to meet the needs of the public over the phone (808-586-3000) and by email (reach the appropriate Board, Program, or Commission via https://cca.hawaii.gov/pvl/contact/). The public is strongly encouraged to continue calling in or utilizing the available online services. For a full listing of DCCA’s online services please go to https://cca.hawaii.gov/covid19.
Facilities and Other Health Care Settings (Requirements and Complaints)
- Department of Health – Office of Health Care Assurance (808) 692-7420 Gerald Chung (Medicare health care settings under the DOH only)
- (808) 692-7400 Sharon Dellinger (DOH licensed/certified health care settings)
- Department of Human Services – Foster Care Homes and Medicaid Information Department of Human Services – Medquest http://hawaii.gov/dhs/health
Nursing Home Administrator License Categories
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs – Director
Applicants and Licensees...
RENEWAL AND RESTORATION INFORMATION
- All Licenses regardless of issuance date, are subject to renewal by June 30, every even-numbered year.
|On-time renewals for the licensing period of July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2022|
|Renewals accepted: May 4, 2020 to June 30, 2020|
|Renewal Postcard Reminder Mailout: May 1, 2020|
|Renew By License Expiration Date: June 30, 2020|
Licenses not renewed by license expiration date are unlicensed and may not practice.
|On-Time Cost to Renew|
|Nursing Home Administrator (NHA) – active status, $230.00|
|Nursing Home Administrator (NHA) – inactive status, $12.00|
|Forfeited licenses may be restored within 2 years and subject to meeting restoration requirements.|
|Failure to restore a forfeited license within 2 years after the license expiration date will result in the termination of the license and the person must apply as a new applicant and meet current licensing requirements.
|Cost to Restore (late renewal)|
|Nursing Home Administrator (NHA) – active status, $330.00|
|Nursing Home Administrator (NHA) – inactive status, $112.00|