Veterinarian Continuing Education Requirements
All Veterinarian (VE) licensees on an “active” status must have completed at least 20 hours of Continuing Education (CE) credits from an approved sponsor prior to renewing their license pursuant to HRS §471-9.
- DO NOT SUBMIT CE CERTIFICATES WITH YOUR RENEWAL APPLICATION.
- A licensee who has graduated from an accredited veterinary school within one year of the licensee’s first license renewal shall not be subject to the CE requirement for the first renewal.
The Board may conduct a random audit of licensees to determine compliance with the CE requirement.
- If selected you will receive a notice from the Board and will have 60 days to submit documentation verifying compliance with the CE requirement.
- Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action being taken against your veterinarian license.
- Licensees shall maintain their own CE records.