Board of Physical Therapy
Due to COVID-19 and for the health and safety of both consumers and staff, walk-in services at the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs offices are available during abbreviated hours between 7:45 a.m. to 12 p.m., Monday through Friday, until further notice. Please observe proper safety protocols (e.g., face covering and physical distancing) when visiting.
Staff will remain available during normal hours to meet the needs of the public over the phone and online. The public is strongly encouraged to continue calling in or utilizing the available online services. Contact information for each division is available at https://cca.hawaii.gov/contact/. For a full listing of online services please go to https://cca.hawaii.gov/covid19.
Physical Therapy License Types
- Physical Therapist
- Temporary PT License
- Physical Therapist Assistant
APPLICANT AND LICENSEE INFORMATION
Applicants and Licensees...
RENEWAL AND RESTORATION INFORMATION
- All licenses regardless of issuance date, are subject to renewal by December 31, every even-numbered year.
|On-time renewals for the licensing period of January 1, 2021 to December 30, 2022|
|Renew Online: https://pvl.ehawaii.gov/mypvl|
|Renewals Accepted: November 9, 2020 to December 31, 2020|
|Renewal Postcard Reminder Mailout: November 6, 2020|
|Renew By License Expiration Date: December 31, 2020|
Licenses not renewed by license expiration date are unlicensed and may not practice.
|On-Time Cost to Renew|
|Physical Therapist (PT) – active status – $230.00|
|Physical Therapist (PT) – inactive status – $12.00|
|Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) – active status – 230.00$|
|Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) – inactive status – 12.00$|
|Forfeited licenses may be restored within 1 year and subject to meeting restoration requirements.|
|Failure to restore a forfeited license within 1 year after the license expiration date will result in the termination of the license and the person must apply as a new applicant and meet current licensing requirements.
|Cost to Restore (late renewal)|
|Physical Therapist (PT) – active status – $345.00|
|Physical Therapist (PT) – inactive status – $18.00|
|Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) – active status – 345.00$|
|Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) – inactive status – $18.00|
CONTINUING COMPETENCE INFORMATION
- 2021 List of Board- Approved Continuing Competence
- (As of November 17, 2020)
- 2019 – 2020 List of Board – Approved Continuing Competence
- (As of November 17, 2020)
- 2017 – 2018 List of Board – Approved Continuing Competence
- (As of January 8, 2019)
- Important Announcement Regarding Continuing Competence Requirements for Physical Therapists
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the PT Continuing Competence Requirements
- List of Other Competence Related Activities Approved by the Hawaii Board of Physical Therapy
- Requirements for Course Approval by the Hawaii Board of Physical Therapy
- Requirements for Approval of Ethics, Laws, and Rules (Jurisprudence) Courses
Accrediting Bodies and Organizations
- Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT)