Medical Inquiry Conciliation Panel

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 in Consumer Complaints, OAH

1/15/13 [OAH]

If you have a medical malpractice complaint, the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs provides two avenues. You may call the Consumer Resource Center at 587-4272 and file a complaint with the Regulated Industries Complaints Office. Or, if you intend to bring a lawsuit against a physician, surgeon, osteopath or hospital, under Hawaii State Law, you must file a claim with the department’s Medical Inquiry Conciliation Panel before taking your case to court.

If you are interested in filing a claim, call the Medical Inquiry Conciliation Panel at 586-2823.

For complete information on the panel program, please read Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 671-11 through 671-20, which is available at most libraries in the reference section.

If you have access to the internet, you can obtain further information on the Medical Inquiry Conciliation Panel by going to: