Project Financial Literacy: Investor Education For ALLPosted on Mar 17, 2021 in Investor Education Program
The state Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA), Office of the Securities Commissioner (OSC) is hosting an interactive educational campaign throughout April to celebrate financial literacy month. “Project Financial Literacy: Investor Education for All!” features free financial and investor education-related activities, presentations and resources for consumers of all ages.
In 2006, state lawmakers passed legislation designating every April as Financial Literacy Month in Hawaii. The OSC traditionally hosts an annual Financial Literacy Fair in observance of this occasion, however, in adherence to guidelines discouraging large gatherings, this year information and activities will be offered virtually – online and on social media. Consumers are encouraged to follow @HISecurities on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for the word of the day and daily posts with fraud prevention tips, financial literacy facts, consumer education information, and more.
“We look forward to sharing important information in a fun and fresh way,” said Securities Commissioner Ty Nohara. “Going virtual provides us with a great opportunity to safely and responsibly reach more people in our community statewide.”
2021 Project Financial Literacy: Investor Esducation for ALL! Calendar of Activities
- Keiki Scavenger Hunt: An interactive activity for students in 6th to 12th grade. Anyone can sign up!
- We have Financial Fun Packets for keiki. Request a free packet for your keiki by emailing [email protected].
- Investor Knowledge Quiz Test your knowledge today!
- Premiere: “Keep yourself Financially Healthy, Wealthy and Wise” video Friday, April 16, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. via Microsoft Teams
- Fraud Bingo: To promote fraud prevention, we put a little twist on the classic game. Senior groups and clubs can contact [email protected] to request FREE materials to play the game.
- Presentation: “How to Spot a Con Artist” Live Virtual Presentation: Friday, April 23, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. via Microsoft Teams
For more information on the 2021 Project Financial Literacy: Investor Education for ALL! please contact Gloryana Akapo at [email protected].