Filing a Complaint
- We encourage consumers to speak with an Insurance Division investigator before filing a complaint. In some cases, a resolution is possible without filing a formal complaint with the division. Please call (808) 586-2790 between 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Filing a Complaint Against All Other Insurers
For all other referrals:
- Against insurers licensed in other jurisdictions should be addressed to the insurance commissioner of the state in which the health plan was issued
- Medicare – contact CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) at 1-800-633-4227; or contact Sage Plus at (888) 875-9229
- Medicaid (QUEST) – Plan members should address their concerns to the Med-QUEST Customer Service Section at 524-3370 (Oahu) and (800)316-8005 (neighbor island) and health care providers should present their concerns to the Med-QUEST Provider Hotline at 692-8099.
- Military Health Plans – contact CHAMPVA at (800) 733 8387, or Tricare at 1-800-242-6788
- Employer Self-Funded Plans – contact your employer for assistance direction, or the Employee Benefit Security Administration at 1-866-444-3272 if you need additional help
- Federal Employee Health Benefit Plans – contact your employer, or consider filing a complaint with the United States Office of Personnel Management at the following address: United States Office of Personnel Management, Insurance Services Programs, Health Insurance Group 2, 1900 E Street, NW, Washington DC 20415