Tips for Consumers
Welcome to our Consumer Tips Section. Click on any of the links below to avoid common consumer mistakes.
- 10 Tips for preventing a dispute before it happens
- Negotiating with the other party
- Determining whether you need legal representation; Selecting an attorney
- Referral and alternative dispute resolution sources
- Other Related Websites
Tips for Seniors
If you are a senior citizen, please be sure to read our “Tips for Seniors” document.
Be wary of mail fraud and scams. Listed below are a few scams to watch for and be wary of.
- How to Spot the Bandit in Your Mailbox
- Wanted: The Bandit in Your Mailbox
- When Yellow Page Invoices Are Bogus
There is a lot of fraud on the internet. Check out the site below or call the toll-free number to find out more about it.
Internet Fraud Watch
Tips for Avoiding Fraud on the internet.
Check out this site to:
- get facts on consumer frauds from internet cons, prize promotions, work-at-home schemes, and telemarketing scams to identity theft.
- report your fraud complaints so they can be shared with law enforcement officials across the U.S. and around the world.
- learn how U.S., Canadian, and Australian law enforcers work together with private sector companies and consumer organizations to combat fraud.
- see trends and the types of complaints consumer file.
Hawaii Sales and General Excise Tax
Do you know about the taxes that you pay in Hawaii? Click on the link below to read about the difference between Sales Tax and the Hawaii General Excise Tax.