Welcome to the Hawaii LifeSmarts program! Are you still on the fence about whether or not to join the program? Don’t be, there are many benefits you and your players can take advantage of in the LifeSmarts experience.
We have listed just a few below.
LifeSmarts partners with organizations around the country to provide scholarship opportunities for all its registered players nation wide.
- Safety Smart Ambassador Program
- LifeSmarts is pleased to partner with Underwriters Laboratories (UL) to bring Safety Smart to LifeSmarts students and coaches. This exciting opportunity allows teens to become Safety Smart Ambassadors, focus on health and safety curriculum, teach younger children, and give back in their communities. We provide everything you need: the presentations, the lesson plans, the worksheets, and videos featuring Timon and Pumbaa from Disney’s The Lion King. You take it from there – you get to present the fun, entertaining content to kids ages 4-10, and you can use it to fulfill your community service or service learning requirements.
- Five $1,000 scholarships to be awarded in January 2020. Deadline to apply is December 1, 2019.
- Sarah Weinberg LifeSmarts Memorial Scholarship
- The staff of the National Consumers League has established the Sarah Weinberg LifeSmarts Memorial Scholarship to honor our colleague Sarah Weinberg. This $500 post-secondary scholarship will be awarded to one senior LifeSmarts student each year who has demonstrated a strong commitment to giving back to their community.
- Privacy Essay Contest
- One LifeSmarts student will win a $2,000 scholarship by submitting the winning privacy essay in a contest sponsored by ITRC and CyberScout.
Check back for more scholarship information as they become available.
Resources for your classroom
LifeSmarts offers many classroom and team-based resources to help students master consumer content and prepare for the competition. Check out some of the Teaching Resources
LifeSmarts Aligns with Common Core State Standards
The LifeSmarts program content is aligned with the Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSSI). The Common Core Language Arts Standards place renewed emphasis on academic/content vocabulary and the interpretation and evaluation of nonfiction text.
Still have questions about the program? Check out this page for frequently asked questions from coaches across the nation.
DON’T DELAY REGISTER YOUR TEAM TODAY!