Architects Continuing Education Requirements
Architects (AR) are required to have completed 16 credit hours of continuing education (CE) courses in public protection (health, safety, welfare) subjects in order to renew their license.
- Architects licensed on or before April 30, 2020;
- 16 CE hours are required.
- Architects licensed on or after May 1, 2020 and on or before April 30, 2021;
- 8 CE hours are required.
- Architects licensed on or after May 1, 2021;
- no CE hours are required.
- CE documentation is not required to be submitted with your renewal application.
WAIVER/MODIFICATION OF CE: Any architect not meeting the CE requirement due to incapacity, undue hardship or other extenuating circumstances may request a waiver/modification in writing.
- The written request must be notarized and include an explanation in writing as to why the CE requirement was not met.
- Architects exercising this option may not renew online.
The board may conduct a random audit to determine whether the continuing competency requirements have been met.
- The board may audit and require any licensee to submit additional evidence demonstrating compliance with the CE requirement.
- Licensees shall maintain their own continuing education records and shall keep the records for four years after completion of any CE course.