Dormant Account FAQs

Where can I get information on unclaimed, dormant, inactive, old, or abandoned accounts?

Contact the Unclaimed Property Branch of our State’s Department of Budget and Finance, at the following address and phone number:

Unclaimed Property Program
Department of Budget and Finance
No. 1 Capitol District, Room 304
250 South Hotel Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808) 586-1589
Web address:

The state law regarding the disposition of such unclaimed property is contained in Chapter 523A, Hawaii Revised Statutes, which is administered by the Department of Budget and Finance, and is available by a link on that Department’s homepage. Forms and procedures to file a claim are also available online.