If I have checked and found no use of the name I want in the State but have also found a registration for that name, can I get the Department to revoke the earlier registration?

Sometimes a person registers a name and then either doesn’t use it or uses it for a while and then abandons the name. If a registered name is not used for a period of one year, you can petition the Department to revoke that registration. The procedure for doing so is outlined in separate instructions and you can obtain the Petition for Revocation of a Trade Name form from the Department’s Office of Administrative Hearings .