If my corporation is no longer in business, how do I take it off record with the Department?

If a corporation is no longer in business, it can be dissolved by filing the Articles of Dissolution (Form DC-13) with the department.

A corporation is dissolved upon the effective date of its articles of dissolution. The articles of dissolution may specify a delayed effective time and date, and if it does so, the document becomes effective at the time and date specified. If there is a delayed effective date but no time specified, the document shall be effective at the close of business on that date. A delayed effective date for a document must be within thirty (30) days of the date it is filed.

Form DC-13 is available for download on our Domestic Profit Corporation Forms page. Please scroll to find your form.

To dissolve your corporation registration online, go to Business Name Search, enter the corporate name in business name field, open your record, go to the “Forms” tab and select DC-13 Articles of Dissolution.