For Former Heald Students and Heald Records Requesters

1. Transcripts and Employer Educational Verification Requests

Complete and submit the HPEAP Transcript Request form (PDF, 587 KB). Indicate whether an official copy (transcript placed in a sealed envelope) or unofficial copy is needed. Beginning July 1, 2016, a $10 fee per request will apply. Transcripts are usually mailed out within two to three business days following receipt of the request form.

2. Loan Forgiveness

Please visit: Frequently Asked Questions About Corinthian Colleges.

Help: Call (855) 279-6207 or email for questions on loan forgiveness.
Volunteer advisors are also available to counsel on academic or financial planning. To connect to an advisor, visit Next Steps EDU.
If a student transfer credits to another school and still wants loan forgiveness, the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) has provided information on how that may be done. Please review the information available at these USDE sites:

For federal loans, if a person is unable to resolve a dispute with the loan servicer, the person can file a complaint with the federal ombudsman.
For private loans, the person can file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). See section 4 below.

3. Bankruptcy

These links provide information regarding Corinthian Colleges’ bankruptcy filing:

4. Private Loans

Contact the private lender for options. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has issued this bulletin that pertains to private loans:

5. Transfer Schools

Many local institutions have expressed interest in assisting Heald students, including the University of Hawaii, which has created a page specifically for applicants formerly attending Heald Honolulu.
Schools must be contacted to find out if the school has a comparable program and whether it will accept Heald credits.

6. Refund of Tuition or Fees Paid for the Spring 2015 Semester

HPEAP does not have a tuition recovery fund. Given Corinthian’s bankruptcy filing, unfortunately, HPEAP would not be able to recover tuition payments through an enforcement action.

7. Veteran’s Educational Benefits

For questions regarding Veteran’s educational benefits, call an Education Case Manager at 1-888-442-4551.