DFI Issues Cease and Desist
HONOLULU – The Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA) Division of
Financial Institutions (DFI) issued an immediate temporary cease and desist order for a
Maui woman and mortgage company operating on the Valley Isle.
Commissioner of Financial Institutions Iris Ikeda-Catalani ordered Kathleen Patricia
Morris and Herman-Morris Enterprises Inc., dba Hawaii’s Premiere Mortgage Co., to
cease operating as a mortgage loan originator and a mortgage loan originator company
on suspicion of violating Hawaii law.
DFI alleged Morris and her company were:
• Originating a mortgage loan in a consumer’s name without their authorization;
• Receiving payoffs of mortgage loans and not remitting the payoff amounts to the
• Attempting to solicit a complainant with a payment to withdraw his complaint
against the licensees.
• Using a trade name without properly notifying the Commissioner of the name;
• Failing to update the financial disclosure pursuant to changes in financial status;
• Failing to notify the Commissioner about a revocation of a previous license;
Morris is also known by the following names: aka Kathleen P. Morris, aka Patricia
Morris, aka Tricia Morris, aka Trish Schaberg, aka Tricia Schaberg, aka Patricia K.
Morris, aka Kathleen K Herman, aka Patricia Kathleen Herman, aka K. P. Morris, aka
Kathleen P. Morris, aka Tricia K. Morris, aka Tricia NMN Morris, aka Tricia P. Morris, aka
Patricia Kathleen Morris.Herman-Morris Enterprises Inc. also does business as: dba Hawaii’s Premier Mortgage Co., dba Hawaii’s Premiere Mortgage Co., dba Lemurian Interiors & Development, dba
Nature’s Treasures of Maui.
An administrative hearing on the immediate temporary cease and desist order will be
May 29, 2013, on Oahu. UPDATE: hearing rescheduled to June 28, 2013 July 25, 2013.