Plumber Continuing Competency Requirements
|PLUMBER RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS (for the licensing period of July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2024)|
|All licensed plumbers (PJ, PM) on an “Active” status shall provide proof of completing the continuing competency (CC) requirement on the 2015 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) to renew their licenses.
Submit Proof By:
- Authorizing the University of Hawaii Community College (UH) where you attended the course to transmit directly to the Board, proof of completion of the course (by authorizing UH, you do not need to submit a certificate); OR
If you do not authorize UH you must:
- Submit a copy of completion certificate from the community college to the Board;
- One-time exemption: If you were issued a new license within one year of the license expiration date you are exempt from the CC requirement for the renewal period.
- If you are on an “Inactive” status you are not subject to the CC requirement.
If you have not satisfied the continued competency requirement, please contact one of the providers below:
- Honolulu Community College at (808) 845 – 9296
- Hawaii Community College at (808) 934 – 2700
- Maui Community College at (808) 984 -03231
- Kauai Community College at (808) 245 – 8318