Electrician Continuing Competency Requirements
|ELECTRICIAN RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS (for the licensing period of July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2023)|
|All licensed electricians (EJ, EJI, EJS, ES, ESI, ESS) on an
“Active” status except maintenance electricians (EM) shall provide verification of completing the continuing competency (CC) requirement on the updates to the 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC) to renew their licenses.
Submit Proof By:
- Authorizing Honolulu Community College (HCC) or the Hawaii Electricians Training Fund to transmit directly to the Board, proof of completion of the course (by authorizing HCC, you do not need to submit a certificate) OR
IF you do not authorize HCC or IBEW you must:
- Submit a copy of completion certificate from HCC; OR
- Submit a copy of the completion certificate from the Hawaii Electricians Training Fund;
- One-time exemption: If you were issued a new license within one year of the license expiration date you are exempt from the CC requirement for the renewal period.
- If you are on an “Inactive” status you are not subject to the CC requirement.
If you have not satisfied the continued competency requirement, please contact:
- Honolulu Community College at (808) 845-9296
- Hawaii Electricians Training Fund at (808) 847-0629