For Former Heald Students and Heald Records Requesters

Posted on Mar 28, 2018 in Slides

1. Transcripts and Employer Educational Verification Requests

Complete and submit the HPEAP Transcript Request form (PDF, 587 KB). Beginning July 1, 2016, a $10 fee per request will apply. Transcripts are usually mailed out within two to three business days following receipt of the request form.
**Former Hawaii Heald students can now submit your request form and pay with credit card online here:
NOTE: If you are requesting a transcript to further your education, schools usually want transcripts sent directly to them. Indicate the school’s name and address in the “Mailing Address” section of the online form.

Education verification cannot be done over the phone. You must submit either our request form, or your organization’s form, complete with signed authorization by the former student that provides permission to release the information to you. Employment companies should mail these forms to us along with payment by check or money order (beginning July 1, 2016, a $10 fee per request will apply). Checks or money orders should be made payable to DCCA. Our mailing address is:
Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 541
Honolulu, HI 96809

**If an organization submits an education verification request through the online ordering system, it also needs to supply a release form showing a copy of the student’s signature authorizing the release of information before the request is processed. This can be sent via fax at (808) 586-2856. Please contact HPEAP for further assistance at (808) 586-7327 or

In-person pickup hours are from 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, at 335 Merchant Street, Room 310, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813.

2. Loan Forgiveness

If you recently received a letter in the mail from HPEAP about your student loan for Heald College, please visit

Please visit: Frequently Asked Questions About Corinthian Colleges.

Help: Call (855) 279-6207 or email for questions on loan forgiveness.
Volunteer advisors are also available to counsel on academic or financial planning. To connect to an advisor, visit Next Steps EDU.
If a student transfer credits to another school and still wants loan forgiveness, the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) has provided information on how that may be done. Please review the information available at these USDE sites:

For general loan forgiveness information visit

For federal loans, if a person is unable to resolve a dispute with the loan servicer, the person can file a complaint with the federal ombudsman.
For private loans, the person can file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). See section 4 below.

Individuals that had their federal tax refund or other benefit, such as Social Security, offset from a student loan may challenge it with an appeal to the U.S. Department of Education.
Please read through all the links carefully and contact the Department of Education directly with any questions that you may have about the offset and appeal process.

3. Bankruptcy

The bankruptcy court granted the Student Trust’s motion on its procedures for the management of student records of Corinthian Colleges, including Heald. Critical documents including diplomas, transcripts, student ledgers, enrollment agreements, and loan documents will be scanned and preserved electronically. Records that are scanned or not requested will be destroyed. Currently, students may request their scanned records from the trust’s website (

A copy of the ruling is available here:
You can also view a copy of the motion here:

We are still trying to find out who will be the permanent point of contact for students to access the preserved records. The Student Trust website is here:

Please note that these records are completely separate from the official transcripts that HPEAP provides for a $10 fee as described at the top of this page.
We have no affiliation with the Student Trust and are not sure what kind of time frame they will allow, although they intend to provide the records free of charge.

These links provide information regarding Corinthian Colleges’ bankruptcy filing:

4. Private Loans

Contact the private lender for options. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has issued this bulletin that pertains to private loans:

5. Transfer Schools

Many local institutions have expressed interest in assisting Heald students, including the University of Hawaii, which has created a page specifically for applicants formerly attending Heald Honolulu.
Schools must be contacted to find out if the school has a comparable program and whether it will accept Heald credits.

6. Refund of Tuition or Fees Paid for the Spring 2015 Semester

HPEAP does not have a tuition recovery fund. Given Corinthian’s bankruptcy filing, unfortunately, HPEAP would not be able to recover tuition payments through an enforcement action.

7. Veteran’s Educational Benefits

For questions regarding Veteran’s educational benefits, call an Education Case Manager at 1-888-442-4551 or
Tina Duke
VA Regional Office
459 Patterson Road
Honolulu, Hawaii 96819
Telephone: 808-433-0568