Veterinary Application Deadline & Examination Dates
- NAVLE (North American Veterinary Licensing Examination)
In Hawaii, electronic testing is provided on Oahu only, and only during two testing window periods. Applications must be approved by the Board of Veterinary Examiners before taking the exam. NAVLE applications must be received by the exam provider (National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners – NBVME) by January 3rd for the April test window and August 1st for the November-December test window. For additional information, go to www.nbvme.org .
- State applications must be submitted to the Hawaii Board by December 13 for the April 2013 window and by July 11 for the November 2013 window.
- The two testing windows for 2013 are:
- April 08 – April 20, 2013
November – December, window to be determined
- State Exam
25th of each month to apply to take the exam the following month.
- The State Exam will be administered on the following days in 2013:
Jan 18, Feb 15, Mar 15, Apr 19, May 17, Jun 21, Jul 19, Aug 15, Sep 20, Oct 18, Nov 15, Dec 20; dates are subject to change; please call (808) 586-3000 to confirm.
- Neighbor island administration of the State Exam is no longer available.