Find Out About Employer Responsibilities

If you plan to hire employees, contact us on how to register with the Hawai’i Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.

Hawai’i State Department of Labor and Industrial Relations

Hawaii law requires payment of the Unemployment Insurance Tax and may require insurance coverage for employees (e.g., Workers’ Compensation, Temporary Disability, and/or Prepaid Health Care). For more information go to the FAQs link on DLIR’s website.

Administers employment standards and practices such those pertaining to child labor, minimum wages, overtime, the Federal Medical Leave Act information (FMLA), and more.

Contact us if you need to register for state income tax withholding for employees