The Business Action Center understands that foreign businesses (those formed in another state or country) may not be familiar with Hawaii’s business registration requirements. If you have special concerns and needs, our knowledgeable staff is here to help you with the following:

  • Obtaining a general excise tax license
  • Registering your foreign business in Hawaii
    • Note: you will need an original Certificate of Good Standing or similar document from your home state.
  • Registering a trade name for your foreign business
  • Registering as an employer
  • Obtaining a federal employer’s identification number
  • Receiving comprehensive information on licensing requirements for state, county and federal governments.