How do I register a trade name or business name?

If you will be doing business as a Sole Proprietorship, use Form T-1 to register a trade name. If you would like to form a business entity, the following registration documents will register your business name:

  • General Partnership (Form GP-1)
  • Limited Liability Partnership (Forms GP-1 and LLP-1)
  • Limited Partnership (Form LP-1)
  • Limited Liability Limited Partnership (Form LP-1)
  • Corporation (Form DC-1)
  • S Corporation (Form DC-1; the registration form is the same used for “C” corporations. The “S” election is submitted to the Internal Revenue Service on federal Form 2553)
  • Limited Liability Company (Form LLC-1)