DCA Employment Opportunities
Work for the State of Hawaii, Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, Division of Consumer Advocacy
The State of Hawaii is one of Hawaii’s largest employers and offers a competitive compensation package.
The following is a non-Civil Service (Exempt) position available at DCA. For more information, or to apply, please see each posting’s complete position details. Interested applicants also need to submit Form 278 to the hiring office.
Public Utilities Staff Attorney III
Position Number 123135
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, providing legal services to the Division; assisting in its review and analysis of matters pending before the regulatory bodies (the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission, Federal Communications Commission, etc.); reviewing rules and regulations proposed by the regulatory agencies; preparing legislative proposals relating to public utilities or the Division; and other duties as required and assigned.
Position Number 123136
The position provides administrative support to the Public Utilities/Transportation Officer and Executive Director in the administration of the daily operations of the Division. This position will also assist with the planning, coordination, budgeting, execution, and oversight of Division administrative and support needs.
Position Number 123137
The position provides complex analytical work in support of the Consumer Advocate’s duties and responsibilities. The position primarily examines and recommends action on matters pertaining to, but not limited to, the following utilities and transportation matters: service quality, reliability, and resiliency; certification; operations; earnings; property evaluation; rates of return; operating ratio; emerging issues; relevant State and Federal laws and County ordinances; Public Utilities Commission rules and Decisions and Orders. The incumbent will analyze assigned projects, issues, and areas in order to provide technical advice and recommendations and also provides expert testimony before State and Federal agencies, as well as before the legislature, regarding regulated utilities and transportation matters, if necessary; plans directs, coordinates and organizes presentations and filings to be made before the aforementioned bodies.
DCA Research Analyst V
Position Number 120189
- Research, analyze and monitor issues related to utility, transportation and other industries and entities regulated by the Commission.
- Report findings and recommendations to internal and external recipients in docketed, legislative, and other forums.
- Review proposed legislation or rules related to the utilities and transportation industries.
- Respond to inquiries from the general public, including any and all consumers, elected and appointed officials affecting public utilities and transportation industries.
- Participate in informational and educational briefings to external groups and consumers of utility and/or transportation services.