DCA Employment Opportunities
Work for the State of Hawaii, Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, Division of Consumer Advocacy
The State of Hawaii is one of Hawaii’s largest employers and offers a competitive compensation package.
The following are civil service positions open at DCA. Interested applicants can apply by following the link provided for each available position. Links will be redirected to the Department of Human Resource Development (DHRD) for detailed job descriptions and the application process.
PUBLIC UTILITIES RATE ANALYST V (SR-24) – OAHU
Recruitment Number 217449
Conduct studies in the investigation, review, study, analysis, and establishment of the rates, tariffs, charges, and fees for service or products imposed by regulated public utility and transportation industries within the State of Hawaii; and perform other related duties as assigned.
PUBLIC UTILITIES RATE ANALYST VII (SR-28) – OAHU
Recruitment Number 216496
The Public Utilities Rate Analyst VII is responsible for planning directing, and participating in the review and analysis of tariffs, rates, charges, and fees imposed by regulated public utility and transportation companies. This includes evaluating and making recommendations to the Public Utilities Commission on matters pertaining to the rate schedules, rate bases, allocation of costs, and effects of rates; conducting special studies and investigations to test rate levels, cost formulas, and cost evidence; and collecting and maintaining appropriate rate and tariff data; and performs other related duties as assigned.
The following are non-Civil Service (Exempt) positions available at DCA. For more information, or to apply, please see each posting’s complete position details. Interested applicants also need to submit Form 278 to the hiring office.
DCA Research Analyst V
Position Numbers 106291, 120189
- Research, analyze and monitor issues related to utility, transportation and other industries and entities regulated by the Commission.
- Report findings and recommendations to internal and external recipients in docketed, legislative, and other forums.
- Review proposed legislation or rules related to the utilities and transportation industries.
- Respond to inquiries from the general public, including any and all consumers, elected and appointed officials affecting public utilities and transportation industries.
- Participate in informational and educational briefings to external groups and consumers of utility and/or transportation services.