Some of the other ongoing procedures and requirements include:
- Captive must maintain its principal place of business in Hawaii, and appoint a resident agent to act on its behalf for receipt of service.
- Certificate of Authority (or license) is renewed annually.
- Class 1, 2, 4 and 5: captives file annual financial reports prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles or other comprehensive basis of accounting as approved by the Commissioner and audited by an approved independent Certified Public Accountant. Class 3 captives must file annual audited financial statements prepared in accordance with Statutory Accounting Principles, as well as, interim and annual statements on prescribed NAIC Forms.
- All captives are subject to an annual examination by the Insurance Division, however, extended examination periods of 3 to 5 years may be allowed if approved by Insurance Commissioner.
- The board of directors hold at least one meeting each year within the State of Hawaii.