Find Out About Employer Responsibilities
If you plan to hire employees, contact us on how to register with the Hawai’i Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
Hawai’i State Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
Hawaii law requires payment of the Unemployment Insurance Tax and may require insurance coverage for employees (e.g., Workers’ Compensation, Temporary Disability, and/or Prepaid Health Care). For more information go to the FAQs Link on DLIR’s website.
- Search for other info in the Topic Index
- HIOSHA (Hawaii Occupational Safety & Health Act)
- Federal U.S. Department of Labor
- Employment Standards Administration Agency
Administers employment standards and practices such those pertaining to child labor, minimum wages, overtime, the Federal Medical Leave Act information (FMLA), and more.
- Occupational Health & Safety (OSHA)
- Hawai’i State Department of Taxation
Contact us if you need to register for state income tax withholding for employees